Safety Program – “No Easy Targets” (DVD)
The safetyNETkids Child Safety Program is about providing children practical responses to real threats and helps ensure they are “No Easy Target”. The video deals with the subjects of abduction prevention, unwanted touches and abuse in non-threatening way without ever instilling fear. Topics covered:
- Saying “No” – Children are taught not to talk back. This lesson teaches kids when and how to say “no” to an adult.
- Unwanted Touches – This lesson sets boundaries for children in a way they understand and shows how to give confident responses to unwanted touches.
- Strangers & People You Know – The majority of abductions involve someone the child knows. This lesson shows how to avoid being an easy target for abduction by someone you know or by a stranger.
- Home Safety – Teaches positive safety habits at home (e.g. answering the phone) and around the child’s home (e.g. interacting with adult neighbors).
- Passwords – Shows how parents and children can use passwords to communicate an uncomfortable situation or avoid being abducted by a stranger or someone you know.
- Easy Defense – In the rare case that a child is grabbed or pulled away, this lesson shows what to do.
The content is developed to be shown “stand alone” or as a great companion to the Safety Program curriculum to provide an interactive, multi-media learning experience. Discounted pricing is available for large orders (25 or more units). Special pricing is also available to resellers (wholesalers). Please contact us by clicking here or email us to discuss large order or reseller pricing and delivery options.
Safety Series – Bully Program – “Stand Tall, Be Strong” (DVD)
The safetyNETkids “Bullies” video teaches children how to be builders, the power of good friendships, avoiding being bullied and how best to respond to confrontations in a non-violent way. Confidence is an ongoing theme as a confident child is much less likely to be a target. Topics Covered:
- Be a Builder – Children are quick to point out weaknesses. This shows the power of positive words.
- Power in Numbers – Bullies most often target only one child. This lesson encourages children to stand together by “being there” for someone in need.
- Walking and Talking with Confidence – Bullies will likely victimize less confident children. This lesson is about the importance of holding you head up high and speaking with confidence.
- Name Calling – Name calling and psychological abuse can often be more devastating than physical bullying.
- Being Threatened – This lesson provides responses to being threatened and identifies available “outlets”.
- Easy Defense – This lesson teaches children non-violent actions to escape a bully’s grasp and appropriate action to take after the incident.
The content is developed to be shown “stand alone” or as a great companion to the Bully Program curriculum to provide an interactive, multi-media learning experience. Discounted pricing is available for large orders (25 or more units). Special pricing is also available to resellers (wholesalers). Please contact us by clicking here or email us to discuss large order or reseller pricing and delivery options.
Comprehensive safetyNETkids Curriculum Package
The curriculum package guides the class leader (the instructor) through specific teaching points, age specific tips and activities that build confidence and show children exact responses to the real threats of abduction and abuse, being bullied and safe use of the Internet which all adds up to help make children – No Easy Targets.
The comprehensive package includes printed safetyNETkids Curriculum, Child Safety Program (video), Bully Program (video), Instructor’s Guide (video) and Safety Day Marketing Plan. Founder of safetyNETkids, Glenn Olson, shows you his teaching methods and tips & tricks for planning a a successful Safety Day seminar and demonstrates the curriculum activities on the included Instructor’s Guide.
To see an overview of topics covered in each lesson Click here .